Information coming soon.
We want to hear your stories.
Red Dragonfly Productions in association with Grist To The Mill are running a New Writing Festival and are looking for new and emerging writers from British East Asian, South Asian and South East Asian communities who are interested in contributing and sharing their contemporary and traditional stories.
We are not only looking for established writers but potential writers of any ability or experience, we and our in house dramaturge, Ross Ericson, will support you throughout your script development. After we have reviewed submissions we will be inviting up to ten successful applicants to a free one day workshop – travel will be provided* – and from that workshop three applicants will be selected to have their plays produced and performed in our festival. (*depending on applicants’ bases.)
There will be a £1000 fee paid to each writer whose play is performed at the festival. If you want to be considered then in the first instance please submit to us your story/idea. We will only accept submissions by email to the following address email@example.com and submissions need to be received by no later than 1 October 2016.
Successful participants will be invited to the workshop by the 16th October 2016 that will take place by the end of that month, at a place and time yet to be confirmed. The performances are scheduled to take place in February of 2017. Red Dragonfly New Writing Festival is supported using public funding by Arts Council England.
- Applicants need to be over eighteen years old
- A full description of your idea/story – no longer than one A4 page and make sure the story has a beginning, a middle and an end
- Your details: Name, ethnicity, location, contact email & phone and any access requirements etc.
- Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 1 October 2016
Your Story Criteria
- Subject: Anything from contemporary to traditional folk and fairy tales.
- Audience: Family friendly – suitable for the whole family not just small children
- Cast: can be performed by up to 4 actors, doubling up of characters are allowed
- Staging: workable with a minimal set and props
The Lancaster Chinese Arts Festival
The Lancaster Chinese Arts Festival are supporting the New Writing Festival in partnership with the Dukes Theatre.