Lancaster Chinese New Year Carnival 2020
Appeal for Wuhan
- Hua Xian Chinese Society
- Major Sponsor
- Confucius Institute of Lancaster University
- Aroma Chef Chinese Restaurant, Shengs Chinese Takeaway
- Rickys Cantonese Restaurant, The Great Season Chinese Restaurant, K F Oriental Food Store, Golden Jade Chinese Restaurant and Full House Noodle Bar
- Sunday, 16th February 2020
- 11am - 4pm
- Dallas Road, Lancaster, LA1 1TP
Join us to celebrate the Year of the Rat in Lancaster!
- Headline Performances
- Dragon Parade
- Lion Dance
- Qilin Dance
- Samba Espirito
- Lancaster Chinese Culture Integration Society
- Hua Xian Chinese School
- Manchester Chinese Choir
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Carnival still a free event?
It's free to enter the Carnival and enjoy watching the performances and take in the atmosphere around the Festival Markets.
Will the Chinese New Year Carnival be held in Lancaster's Market Square?
Why is the Chinese New Year Carnival not in the City Centre this year?
Is there parking available?
We always encourage visitors to attend the event by using public transport espcially as we are only 5 minutes away from the train and bus interchanges in Lancaster.
However, if you do need parking, there is parking available just a short walk away on the same road at: Dallas Car Park, Lancaster, LA1 1TW.
I am worried about the weather...
This year's event is held in an outdoor area and an indoor hall hosting a variety of entertainment.
It is likely to be cold this time of year and despite all our wishing, it could possibly rain too!
Dress appropriately with warm layers, and waterproof jackets with a hood or bring an umbrella and then you'll be prepared no matter what!